Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day.

My mother is the most special woman on the planet. I'm lucky to have her and even luckier to say she's my mom and best friend. This mother's day needed to be done on a budget (wedding in three weeks, EEK!) but that doesn't mean she won't know she's loved!

As I prepare to become a wife myself, I look to my mom as the ultimate role model. She and my dad have been married for 25+ years and have certainly been through a lot. She has taught me:
  • What a successful relationship looks like
  • How to forgive and let go
  • What love really looks like
  • That support is as unconditional as love it
  • I am worth it, whatever it is
  • I can do it, whatever it is
  • How to vacuum the inside of a stove
  • To treat myself well
  • It's OK to be silly

This year for Mother's Day I indulged her inner Gleek and got her a few Glee things to add to her growing collection. I'm sure there are tons and tons of things out there to get for Mother's Day, but I thought this particular idea was so touching.





This idea was originally posted on I Am Baker, and I absolutely love it.  Making cookies and  personalizing them for Mother's Day is such a great, easy and special treat. Maybe I'll do this next year :)

Anyway, I hope everybody enjoys the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...