Sunday, January 9, 2011

A little Holiday Love

OK - so I've got two posts in one weekend! Have I turned a new leaf? Am I keeping my New Years resolution? Hm. I think it's too early to tell.

Anyway, I promised I would talk more about my holiday season and some of the fun things that went down.

First off, it was our first Christmas in our first home with our first dog. I'm not going to lie, it's a little weird to think that we're out own little family. Not officially yet, of course; but in spirit we've started the rest of our lives.

Anyway, let's get back to talking Christmas. We got our first Christmas tree this year, which turned out to be much less of a hassle than we thought it would be. We walked into the Home Depot (don't hate on us) and walked out with the first tree we saw. Minor bump in the road when Mr. Law put the tree on the roof of the car and then tied it down through the windows. If you don't understand why that's a silly thing, go try it next year! All-in-all, our tree was perfect. It fit it's little spot in out living room perfectly, it smelled like perfect-ness, and it never fell down. Thank goodness for that.

Since Mr. Law and I were spending the holidays with our separate families, we decided to let Santa visit us a few nights early. We opened gifts the day before X-mas Eve, which I can see becoming a tradition here. Mr. Law got me some awesome winter garb (my first North Face!) along with a cover and light for my Kindle. And best of all, he got me a domain name.

A wha..? Yea, that's what I said too. But get this, I've got my own domain name, meaning soon enough I will found at my very own, Believenotes.com. Awesome gift, right?! I'm so super excited. That means that I'll have my own e-mail address, something like jackie@believenotes.com, and, sorry blogspot, but my blog will be at, you guessed it, believenotes.com.

I'm stoked.

You should be too!

It's going to be a lot of work to get my website all fancy and functional, but it'll happen. It's part of my New Years resolution.

So that's the big news, big for me at least.

Here are some highlights from this past holiday season, and my last as a single lady ;)

First (and hopefully not the last) tree of perfect-ness
 Thank you Mom, for our good-enough-to-eat ornaments!
 My very first North Face!
 Miss Juliet was scared while we were opening our gifts.

I wanted to end with the above picture, which captures the moment right before we exchanged gifts with my family. Everybody is in motion, but if you check out my little buddy in the center of the picture, well it seems as if the world has stopped for him, for just a tiny moment. Ah, to be a kid again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...