Monday, May 13, 2013

That Thing That Scares You: Dive In Head First!













For months now, I have been planning, working, designing, and creating a whole new purpose and business for myself. While I wanted to wait until everything was perfect, so that I could pull back the curtain and show you all of the amazing thing at once, I instead found myself holding back in fear.

On Friday, I kicked fear to the curb and I announced my new business name: Sincerely, Jackie.

I don't have my website ready yet (soon though, I promise!), I don't have the new items in the shop, I haven't finished the new Facebook page, and I don't even have all of my final business cards back from the printer.

But I feel amazing.

Before the announcement, I think I put so much pressure on myself to be perfect that I actually began setting myself up for failure. Nothing in life is perfect, so why was I trying so hard to do the impossible?

By letting go and diving in, head first, without over analyzing, over thinking, or over planning, I have managed to do the one thing that I have been afraid of. I have launched Sincerely, Jackie successfully.

Thank you all for your kind messages and words of support, it looks like we're all excited about this new chapter!

Sincerely,

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! Congrat's. And I love that you didn't let fear hold you back anymore. Was just thinking how I needd to touch base with you again (this is the Danielle who contacted you about my VA biz) & catch up on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Danielle! Thank you for the sweet words! Feel free to email me any time at jackie@sincerelyjackie.com if you want to get in touch :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...