Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Flipping Fruit Flies

When I got home from work this evening, I was greeting by a hell of a smell. I did some investigating and realized a banana had fallen behind the fruit bowl and was rotting. Worse, even, was that it was totally crawling with fruit flies. So, like the rational person I am, I grabbed my can of highly toxic Raid and proceeded to spray my entire kitchen. Then I realized that I would probably get cancer and had to then throw out all of the other fruit on the counters along with any other item that could not be washed and could no longer be eaten. I then scrubbed the kitchen clean, loaded the dishwasher, and ate a pint of Ben & Jerry's. What else would I have done?

I hate bugs, all bugs, so tonight was horrible for me. I've had bad luck lately with insects (flies at my office, a worn in my pear, a spider in my dry rice) and I now have red splotches all over my skin from the nervous itching.

Maybe I'll buy these cute little fruit fly traps, they seem like a nice way to murder the little creatures.

Get these Pear Fruit Fly Traps at the Gardener's Supply Company

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...