Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Exciting Things!

Daily Squee
Design has been keeping me super busy lately. Today alone I somehow sold the same item four times! I've also had the pleasure of creating quite a few different custom designs. The more business picks up, the more I learn, which is great because I'm in need of some streamlining.

Next week I start graduate school again - which means that two days a week I'm out of the house from 6:45am until 10:30pm. Definitely long days, but I keep telling myself it's worth it - and it is! However, I'll need to make sure all of my ducks are in a row so that I can keep on top of my growing stationery biz while I'm also juggling school and corporate life.

There are some big things on the way from Believe Notes....the website, while still a work in progress, is almost ready to at least be viewed. I'm also setting up a bunch of wholesale accounts so that I can continue to provide fair prices for high quality designs.

I'm struggling creating a policy around my work, but after having a few rough experiences, I do realize that I need to protect myself and my designs. My time is valuable and I need to make sure that I'm paid fairly for the work & services I provide. It goes against my nature to be too "rigid" or "demanding" but I'm starting to realize that this is a business, and I can't give away things for free, including my time. If anybody has an suggestions for policies, please let me know!

Here's a little glimpse of one of the projects I was recently working on...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...